The bulk in terms of weight and expense was ordered today. 20 10000mah batteries (18 will be used) and a 2 foot section of .250 wall 6.750 OD section of cast acrylic. The main housing of all the electronics and batteries… And some fancy acrylic glue (solvent if you use too much) Once the battery
So the main component that turns the light up fireman costume (aka Rave Rescue Worker) into the RAVE GOD is the “air tank” that doesn’t actually hold air.. Layer 1 = connectors (DB 25, “remove before rave” lockout/tag out pin, charging, Aux 1 for suit lighting, other?) Layers 2-5 (or 2-3*) will be batteries arranged
just a quick update on my attempts at etching Plexiglass via mechanical abrasion (diamond bit) and a blinking LED
Recently acquired: 5″ diameter galvanized chimney pipe (reflector for ccfl’s) Lexan sheet (bracing and top of rave puck) Ordered: Circle cutter (to make the internal structure and end caps of air tank, and for covers for rave pucks) 25 1/3AA nimh cells at 300mah a piece (should give me 1 hour of use per rave
I am making 2 rave pucks that will be attached via magnets to my costume at the knees*. I drew up some sketches today and thought I’d share. *=tentative.
I had purchased 1 of these Super El’ Cheapo LED lights with the thoughts that the analyzer inside must run off 5 volts and I should be able to modify it. Well Sure enough upon opening it up I found 2! terminals where it was outputting 4.85 volts (aka I could probably feed in 5
I ordered a helmet off Ebay (didn’t intend to win the auction because I offered a dollar amount I thought was low enough I wouldn’t win the “best offer” clause, oh well It arrived and is pretty sweet. The helmet is in fair/OK shape but will get cleaned up and repaired as needed. I’m thinking
Much More lights and mods are coming. This is just the basic concept which will soon have a better helmet (legit/real fire fighter helmet+more lights+tank of light on back)